Information Collected Via Cookies. When you visit C-MAP.com, automated tools log certain bits of information about your viewing session. Information on all viewing sessions is processed together to help us determine how our web site is functioning. For example, it helps us to know which pages are popular among our readers, and which ones are not. We use information such as this to guide our web site maintenance and improvements.
1. The Internet domain (examples: www.c-map.com) and the assigned Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are browsing from. IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you are surfing the Web).
2. The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
3. The date and time you access our site;
4. The pages that are viewed, and paths that are taken through the Web site.
Information Collected Directly From You. C-MAP collects Personal Information only on a voluntary basis. Personal Information may include personal identifiers that can be used to identify and/or contact a natural person and includes name, postal address, telephone number, or email address. Other Personal Information combined with these personal identifiers may include your country of residence, demographic information, correspondence sent to us through this site or information regarding your preferences. There are a number of different ways that we collect Personal Information. These may include:
- Communications From You. When you email or write to us, you may provide us with your name, contact details, and other Personal Information as part of your message.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with Personal Information when you telephone or email to request technical assistance with our products or information that you would like to receive about our products.
- Email/Direct Mail Campaigns That You Approve. If you elect to receive our online newsletters or other promotional email communications, from time to time we may contact you with information about our new products, promotions or special offers.
- Registration of Products. If you register a C-MAP product, you may be asked to provide information that we will use to record you as an owner of a C-MAP product and to assist us in providing you with product specific accessories, services, and information.
- Surveys. We may conduct surveys in respect of our products and services. If you respond to our surveys, we may ask you for information such as type of boat you own, what your experience is with marine electronics, whether you prefer saltwater or freshwater boating and other preferences you might have.
Our site is intended for adults. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the site.
Use of Information Collected by C-MAP. C-MAP uses the information described above to send you information that you have requested about our products and services, and if you have elected to receive promotional communications, promotions, by email, postal mail, telephone, text message or other means. We may also use this information for our own statistical or analytical purposes, including to help us develop and improve our site and/or products, and to tailor our site to your interests.
Sharing of Personal Information with Third Parties. Except as expressly provided in this policy, C-MAP WILL NOT SELL, RENT, OR OTHERWISE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO UNRELATED OR UNAFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.
C-MAP may employ other companies or individuals and their affiliates, contractors, suppliers, and agents to provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting this site, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions and are required to provide your Personal Information with at least the same level of protection and security as we use on our site.
To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may use or disclose your information as permitted by law to report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers.